John P. Schmidt, Acting Municipal Clerk
(973) 366-2200 Ext. 1113
Reynaldo Julve, Deputy Municipal Clerk
(973) 366-2200 Ext. 1110
General Inquiries Clerks Office (Not to Be Used For OPRA): email@example.com
2021 GENERAL ELECTION
The 2021 General Election will be held on November 2, 2021. Various Information can be found below concerning the election.
- Poll Workers: Poll Worker recruitment is currently under way for the 2021 General Election and future elections. If you have an interest in possibly becoming a poll worker the following information is available.
- Letter from the Acting Municipal Clerk
- Information from the County of Morris can be found online here: Become a Poll Worker – Morris County, NJ (morriscountynj.gov)
- How to Vote
- In Person Early Voting: In Person Early Voting is a new option which enables registered voters to cast their ballot in person, using a voting machine, during a nine-day period prior to Election Day. No matter where you reside in Dover, you can vote your specific ballot at any of Morris County's 7 designated in-person voting locations between Saturnday October 23, 2021 until Sunday October 31, 2021. Hours will be Monday - Saturday 10:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m. and Sunday 10:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m. Locations can be found on the map.
- Vote By Mail: Registered voters can apply for a vote by mail ballott via the Morris County Clerk at 973-285-0606. You can fill in your ballot and return it by Mail, postmarked on or before 8:00p.m. on Election Day, deliver your ballot to the Board of Elections Office by 8:00p.m. on Election Day at 10 Court Street, 2nd Floor, Morristown, NJ or use a secure Drop Box. A secured Drop Box is located in the Town of Dover on the Canal Street side of the Municipal Building, 37 N. Sussex Street Dover.
- Vote In Person on Election Day: You can vote In Person Election Day between 6:00a.m. to 8:00p.m.. Voting Locations are as Follows:
- WARD 1: Dover High School - 100 Grace St. - Dover, NJ 07801
- WARD 2 & Ward 3: Sacred Heart Parish Center Gym - 37 N. Essex St. - Dover, NJ 07801
- WARD 4: Board of Education Administration Building (Old Hope House) 21 Belmont Ave. - Dover, NJ 07801
OPRA: The Town of Dover accepts OPRA requests via U.S. Mail, In Person and Electronically (Fax and Online submission). To file an OPRA request electronically, requests can be submitted through the Town’s Website found here: http://www.dover.nj.us/cn/ServReq/?TID=17&TPID=11498&srtype=520. If you should have any problems, difficulties or have a disability that requires an accommodation to submit your request electronically, please feel free to contact the Municipal Clerks by phone at 973-366-2200 x 1113 / 973-366-2200 x 1110 or you may send an email to the Deputy Municipal Clerk firstname.lastname@example.org if you require assistance. You may also fax requests ATTN: J.P. Schmidt, Acting Municipal Clerk at 973-328-6524.
OPRA Government Records Request Form (Click Here)
OPRA Government Records ONLINE submission (Click Here)
OPRA Police Records Request Form (Click Here)
OPRA Police Records ONLINE submission (Click Here)
State of New Jersey Website for Raffles, Bingo and Game of Chance (Click Here)
Voting and Election: Polling Place Locations and Information (Click Here)