The Town of Dover has adopted the Fair and Open Process of the Pay-to-Play Law (N.J.S.A. 19:44A-20a, et seq.) in its request for proposals and awarding goods and services contracts with an annual value in excess of $17,500.00. Proposals will be evaluated by the Mayor and Board of Aldermen of the Town of Dover on the basis of the most advantageous, price and other factors considered. The evaluation will consider:
- Experience and reputation in the field;
- Knowledge of the Town and the subject matter to be addressed under the contract;
- Availability to accommodate any required meetings of the Town;
- Compensation proposal;
- Other factors if demonstrated to be in the best interest of the Town.
In addition to the above criteria, the Town may consider the following criteria, where applicable, in order to evaluate the proposal:
- Assurances of performance;
- Vendor’s financial ability and strength to meet its obligations;
- How the costs compare to other proposals;
- If available, are suitable warranties and guarantees available
To this end the Town is seeking proposals for the following:
FARMER’S MARKET CONSULTANT-MANAGER
It is the intention of the Town of Dover to make a Farmer’s Market available at the JFK Park or King Street Pedestrian Mall for the 2018 season. The responsibilities would be the following:
- Assist the Town in the operation, maintenance and promotion of the Farmer’s Market
- Work closely with the Rutgers Cooperative Extension and Northeast Organic Farming Association to make certain a large number of farmers are notified of the Town’s Farmer’s Market.
- Work closely with the New Jersey Department of Agriculture to make certain the Town is in compliance with all permits, policies and rules governing Farmer’s Markets
- Work with the Town of Dover to gain all necessary approvals from the County’s Health Officers and Weights and Measures Officers
- Consultant much have at least one experience with Farmer’s Markets and will handle all aspects of the Market including contacting and dealing with vendors
- Consultant will handle all aspects of the marketing and promotion of the Farmer’s Market including graphic design for all products and promotional items.
- Manager is to remain on site for the day to day operations of the Farmer’s Market.
All proposals must include a current Business Registration Certificate and Certificate of Employee Information Report.
Proposals will be accepted August 31, 2017 at 4:00pm at the Town of Dover Municipal Building, Main Meeting Room, 37 N. Sussex Street Dover, NJ 07801 at 10:00am. Proposals may also be mailed to the attention of Donald J. Travisano, Town Administrator but MUST be received prior to scheduled time of proposal opening. All envelopes should be clearly marked “Proposal for Services- Farmer’s Market Consultant”.